Wednesday 1 July 2009

Land Ahoy!

So, here I am, back again after a long absence from my studio. The last year has been chocked full of Little One Number Four, Noah, and to be honest, still is! I have been squeezing in time in my garden, while he sleeps, to work on my new collection of bags in readiness for a couple of shows I have coming up. So, land is on the horizon!

Way back last Summer I cut up mounds of fabric and lengths of ribbon, selected buttons and cord and folded these "kits" up into neat piles, like a squirrel getting ready to hibernate! Over the last months I have been turning these kits into beautiful bags of all sizes and colours.
It always surprises me that I can feel so thrilled to pick up the next kit from the pile, and even more thrilled to put a completed bag on the shelf! As I unfold the bundle of remnants and remember the delicious mix of ingredients I had placed together months ago, I find it easy to start work again and again.

I have also made a whole gaggle of girly dolls that would look brilliant on book bags for school. I think I may call them "Nomites" - a name my dad used to call me. When I was a little girl, I would draw "Nomites" which were essentially plump little circular figures with arms and legs sticking out of the sides! I'll see if I can dig one of my doodles out and post it!

First Summer show this Saturday and Noah is cutting teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment