Monday 16 May 2011

Party! Party! Party!




May is the month of parties! I am right in the middle of the hectic month I knew was on its way. We've just had E's 5th birthday party, which saw the house full of bout 15 of his little friends. I love doing parties, but they are exhausting! It's nice that they get a day that is just for them when you have five - it so rarely happens! So, birthdays in this house are about them being able to express their personality. E chose and Octonauts cake, which is the hit TV programme of the moment - lots of adventure and action. I was pleased with the final result - and so was E!





Now I sit here writing this at 10.10pm with a cake in the oven - the first of 3 that need to be baked and iced, ready for the wedding this weekend. I went to buy all the icing etc today and I am looking forward to doing it, I just wish I could shake the headache I've had all day. What I really need is a bath and an early night - but the cake needs another 30 minutes! Nevermind - it's a little window of blogging time.



I'm looking forward to posting photos of all the wedding decor and creativity - there's nothing quite like being involved in a wedding.




Then, when that's done, it's time to get on with B's party the following week. Then in June I may just have some sleep!

2 comments: