Wednesday 7 December 2011

Phew!!!


 I'm sitting here tonight, with my long awaited glass of wine and a rather lovely jar of homemade marshmallows (courtesy of the neighbouring stall at Monday night's show) and feeling very chuffed with myself.  It is the first evening in a looOOOong while that I haven't had stacks of sewing to do and stock to replenish for the next show.  BOY does it feel Goooooood!  Sorry about all the oooooing!

The monsters were inspired by my 7 year old, Ben, who is constantly drawing monsters - all friendly, of course and all with super powers.  They went down really well at all the shows and I have a growing soft spot for them.  I think there may be a new range in these....



It's been a hectic month, but one which has been most fulfilling.  There have truly been things that have meant the housework could not happen - which is a blessing in some ways, but not in others!  I am actually strangely looking forward to sorting the house out before Christmas decorations go up.   I have learnt an awful lot and I have a long list of things I want to achieve in the new year - not least of which, sorting out an on line shop and posting some tutorials here, so that I can share my love of craftiness.


So, a theme is emerging and I'd better be careful if I'm going to make selling at shows a habit - CAKES!  Saturday did not disappoint, with a beautiful selection of homemade goodies provided by Emma, from Newton's bakery.  I'm partial to carrot cake, as good friends will know and a lovely big slice kept me going through the mammoth 10 hour show!  I will admit to having a brownie mid afternoon too - but in my defence, I was on my feet for nearly 12 hours straight! Anyway, the cakes were lovely and Emma and her mum were good company too!  If you want to order Emma's  delicious cakes, you can contact her at hello@newtonsbakery.co.uk.


I was hoping to show you some very festive photos of the Christingle service we love to go to at a neighbouring church in this blog post - but without going into too many details (so as to spoil your lingering thoughts of cake!) Noah was a bit ill (let's say!) at the crucial moment and so, although the older boys were able to parade round the church with their lit Christingles, I was outside with a rather soggy 3 year old and Jonny was inside with lots of kitchen roll!  There's no delicate way to write about it, suffice to say, children choose their moments.  I choose to laugh at these moments.  We're getting quite seasoned in them now.  So, no lovely photos.

I did want to show you this lovely thing though - a charity shop find from my lovely friend Esther - who knows me so well!  I love it when people bring me things like this - or bags of random scraps of fabric, usually with the words "I'm not sure what you'll do with this!"... but, oooh - something wonderful!  This particular piece of delicate net was surely part of a little girl's dressing up box, or perhaps once adorned an tea party table.  Who knows?!  That's the delicious thing about vintage and reclaimed fabric - it had history.




I hope I will be able to bring you some pictures as the week goes on though - now that the hectic rush of shows is over and the festivities can begin in earnest in the Welch household.  There is greenery to be brought in, lights to hang and a tree to decorate, so watch this space!


For now though, I am off to do a it of Kirstie watching and Christmas present planning - more making!  (I do love it!)

XXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment