Wednesday 1 February 2012

Reasons to be cheerful


It's been a sleepless couple of weeks here - our little Reu has a nasty chest infection, so lots of cough cough cough at night!  This always makes for a fuzzy head and a bit of feeling sorry for myself in the daytime, so I've been making a conscious effort to look around me at the things that make me smile today - simple things, but smile-worthy non the less!

Tulips in bright, sunny yellow.  Something so cheerful about having their company at the dining table as I work my way through the daily paperwork.  Smile....



Beautiful new fairy lights from my wonderful friend Sally for my birthday.  My cheap old Christmas lights that I loved on the dresser finally gave up after their extensive Christmas run and the merest mention of my sadness at their loss was grasped with both hands by this lady who knows me so well - "Please let me get you some more!"....oh, go on then!  I had a lovely time arranging them this morning amongst my china and clearing the decks of clutter so they can do their shiny thing.  I actually can't wait till this evening now so I can enjoy their full effect.  Smile......



A set of green flowered curtains picked up yesterday in our local charity shop whilst waiting for antibiotics.  Yep - I love them.  I wish we had a curtain kind of home though - all blinds here to let in as much light as possible.  but I am sure they will live a new life as something, perhaps cushions for the sofa?  Or a patchwork quilt for the bed.  Adding to that long list of One Day Projects again! 


And how about these lovely embroidered tray cloths? 


Aren't the windmills pretty?  Smile.....

My little by little progress to learn to crochet a ripple blanket, which is proving tricky for me, I'm not usually good at extreme accuracy....but I'm getting there slowly and last night, I think I cracked it!  Smile.....


And lastly, a cup of tea and a slice of banana and chocolate chip cake (even though Reu is now wailing at my feet!.....better go, bed time for little man I think.)


I hope you're having a cheery day too.
xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment