Thursday 28 June 2012

Cakes galore!



Just stopping by for 10 minutes (I must be strict this morning as I have a heap of stuff to do), to tell you about some things I've been working on.  I usually try to start work for the day in time for Woman's Hour at 10am - it gives me enought time to deposit various children to various places and whizz round with the hoover.....alhtough this morning my lovely husband has done that job.  Hence the 10 minutes!

This month is all about CAKES!  So far I have delivered a 30th birthday cake to a very happy mum, looking forward to treating her daughter to champagne today.  The family have two black labradors; mother and daughter and apparently the younger dog is cheeky and mischevious and loves to chase blackbirds in the park, whilst mummy dog looks on in disdain! 


Hopefully I have captured the different characters. 


I hope they have a wonderful day today.



Next on the list is a surprize, so I can't tell you about that one yet....
.
Next week I am working on a Wedding cake - a four tier affair with intricate details and a fun colour theme - again - I'll have to show and tell that after the Big Day!

These are some beautiful poppies in my mum's garden - aren't they gorgeous?!
The week after that is The Fete in the Park at which I am holding a stall, selling my stuff.  Now, I may be slightly mad to even think of this idea - but I saw a poster yesterday for a Sports themed cake competition.  "Hmmmm," I thought, "Should I just extend the period of stickiness in the kitchen for a week or so longer?"  The thought has kind of gripped me now, and I'm really bad at not doing things once I've had the idea.  My thinking was, what if I did an Olympics themed cake and auctioned it to raise a bit of money for Children on the Edge?  The Olympic Torch is coming through Petworth a couple of days after the Fete, so it would be the perfect Party centrepiece.  The idea is a hot one.


Last year, I auctioned one of my dolls for this brilliant charity and it's such a fantastic cause.  What do you think?  Am I one step away from madness?
Oh, it's aslo Cadan's 10th birthday the week after that.....but, hey, I'll be on a roll by then!
So, this morning's task is a bag commission and I can hear the news on the radio starting, so I'd better get on.

Aaaaah, so lovely to have a morning in the house without children.....just for a bit! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment