Wednesday 20 March 2013

Spring Fever


The sun has been trying its hardest to shine through the clouds today and we did get a few moments of beautiful low Spring sun this afternoon.  I also have my yellow tulips and tete a tete daffs to cheer me up.  They do make me smile.


The daffodils in particular are one of my favourites at this time of year.  They were a flower Dad loved too and they just seem like exquisite little trumpets of sunshine heralding the arrival of Spring through the damp black earth.  Hope in flower form.


So, what have I been up to since the dressing up marathon of last week?

I have been indulging in colours of all sorts lately in the studio and especially enjoying finishing off this Sunshine quilt.....


.....and photographing bags ready to go in the shop when it goes live. (Soon!)









I've also been collecting some more beautiful fabrics, which I will be making into bundles to go in the shop.  I'm so looking forward to this bit.  I LOVE fabric (you may have guessed) and I can't wait to share it with you.




I am preparing kits for my pixie houses, including everything you need from my stash of vintage fabrics, ribbons and buttons to make your very own little magical dwelling.

 
Last week I had the privilege of creating this one off doll for a little boy missing his Great Granddad very much.  This is just the sort of project I love.  I hope the doll brought a little comfort.


 Oh, and this little doll too.



I made this cushion for my lovely fried Lisa at The Fernery to sell in her on line auction in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust.  Please have a look at all the amazing contributions by so many wonderful craftspeople, and have a peek at her beautiful creations too while you're there!




I've been making a few more of these cushions too, which will go in the shop as soon as I catch up with myself!

I've had a massive studio clear out too.  I want my Teeny Tiny Shed to be a place I love going to and it just wasn't - it had become a dumping ground.  So - I took my courage with me and cleared out over half its contents, including fabric, old sketchbooks - all sorts.  It was brutal, but necessary.  I now have a pretty little space that not only gives me the room to create, but also the mental space that it was lacking.  And I can find that elusive piece of fabric a lot easier now!






I find clarity and inspiration in those four walls now and I LOVE it. I did up my old sadly neglected chair too and gave her a new littleteawagon style cushion.  Love it.  And Thank you Jane for your ongoing inspirational blog, which was the final push towards me getting on with the clear out.  Without your beautiful workspace pictures to dream over, I would have given up in the middle of week 2, which would NOT have been pretty.  Believe me!



And doesn't it look pretty displaying one of my bags?  You see - I know it to be useful and I definitely believe it to be beautiful.

 


Just lastly, I wanted to wish my fantastic friend Liz of Farm on a Card a brilliant time at the Country Living Spring Fair tomorrow.  She's an amazing photographer and I hope the lovely people at the fair fall in love with her work as much as we all have round here. xx




2 comments:

  1. You have been busy :) such lovely things, I love your bags x
    Enjoy your shed x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! I am enjoying myself at the moment in my lovely little shed. It's a warm and cosy place now! I'm off out there now to finish a quilt! xx

      Delete