Saturday 9 July 2011

All the fun of the Fete







Well, what a lovely sunny (if a bit blowy) day it turned out to be today at the Fete in the Park! I had such a brilliant time and so enjoyed meeting lots of you and chatting about crafting, which is definitely one of many favourite pass times.
I had lots of visitors to my stall and eldest son did a fab job of selling the lucky dip!


Anna-Belle raised £23 for Children on the Edge, which is fantastic too and I'm sure she went to a very loving home. The dolls raised many "oooohs" and everyone seemed to fall in love with them. If anyone is interested in the dolls, they are £20 each and if you want one made to order, perhaps with hair the same colour as their new friend (dolls have friends, not owners!), or with a dress in a favourite colour, I would be more than happy to make one for you. Just contact me.


As always after a big event like this, I am exhausted! However, I want to especially thank my wonderful brother Tim, and his wife Jo, who helped me so much today and made the whole thing SO much more fun. Also thanks to my mum and my lovely husband, who not only looked after all 5 boys while I gallivanted off through the countryside, but also managed to clean the house for my return. Some of you out there will completely understand what a gesture like that means - to come home to a sparkly, sweet smelling home, when it could very easily be chaos upon chaos - what a joy!

So, for now friends, I am off to bed to get some long awaited sleep - and I will probably be dreaming of the next project! I will be reopening my etsy shop as soon as I recover....ah, sleep that knits the ravelled sleeve of care (as my dad would have said).

No comments:

Post a Comment