Tuesday 22 November 2011

My Lovely Weekend



What a lovely way to spend the weekend!  It felt a lot like this was the beginning of a new chapter in the life of Redeem Creations.  Over the last ten years I have brought five children into the world - which has without doubt been the most creative challenge of my life! (And will always be!)  One of the challenges has been laying down Redeem each time a new baby was on his way - never quite getting a good enough "run" at it to do it the way I wished I could.  I've learned so much about myself and how to keep creativity alive over this time and I'm sure I will continue to do so and one of the greatest joys is sharing my passion for making things with my children.



This weekend felt like the first time I have been able to think cohesively about my collection of handmade things and how I wanted to present them.  It felt good to bring it all together!

My lovely friend, Esther and I had such fun, setting up the stall (Can't get away from that little girl feeling of playing shop, even at 37!), and chatting with customers and each other.



It was also great to meet some fellow makers - like Nerys, my new blogging friend who makes the most beautiful things from up cycled paper, buttons and maps.  Not only were Nerys's things utterly lovely - but the lady herself was funny and friendly.  I'm adding her blog to my daily reads - so you can have a peek too!  I do hope we bump into each other again sometime soon!

A Nerys creation
The weekend would not have been half as nice without our supply of tea and cakes from the ladies at "The Tea Set" cafe, set in one of the barns.   It's rare to get such a lovely cuppa at things like this, but it didn't disappoint - and the cakes....oh my goodness!  Delicious!  All served up from the beautiful pop up cafe in the yard, complete with vintage china, bunting, 1950s aprons and beaming smiles.  Just what you hope for and the finishing touch to such a lovely event.  Hannah, who is the lady behind The Tea Set has a fantastic website, well worth a look, over here.  Perfect to sit down and have a secret sigh over in your afternoon tea break. Aaaaaah....pretty things......




It was also a treat to peruse the pretty things on the Cinnamon Kids stall - a delectable mix of handmade goodies and vintage china, books, toys and trinkets.  I may have spent a few pounds here, but I'm not telling......

And - meet the lovely Becky on her stall for GirlsTravelClub - a great mix of travel accessories and gifts - so much to take in, I may have to spend a while on her website, seeing which Christmas list boxes I can tick!
some of the lovely things from girlstravelclub

OK, so it was a fab weekend - my stall looked the way I had hoped it would, people seemed to love the things I had made, I met some like minded makers, spent some quality time with a good friend, even purchased a couple (or three...or four) little things myself - which I PROMISE I will be giving away for Christmas.  Honest!  All in all - it felt like the perfect way to kick off the new chapter of Redeem Creations.  One in which I work terrifically hard, but get to do something I LOVE with a passion.  Talking of which - I ought to be out in my studio right now, making more Teeny Totes to replace the ones that have found new homes!!!

Teeny Tote "kits" ready to be sewn up
A little mention finally for my gorgeous little Noah, who turned 3 on Sunday and celebrated with a "Mike the Knight" cake, finished by mummy at about 11.30pm on Saturday night!  Phew!  He is our ray of sunshine.


P.S. Thanks to everyone who helped me get to last weekend and thanks to everyone who keeps encouraging me to go for it.  It really does keep me going at midnight, when I'm stitching up the 27th bag in a row!

XXXXXXX

2 comments:

  1. Hi Naomi

    It was lovely to meet you too!
    Your stall look fantastic and I hope you sold lots and lots.
    It's such a lovely fair to do as it always feels so festive.......and those yummy cakes!
    Thank you for the link back, it was a great weekend
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nerys! I hope you did well too and went home stacked up with a pile of encouraging feedback too!
    It's always lovely to met someone who loves making, like I do!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete