Friday 25 November 2011

Thanksgiving

I just wanted to stop by and show you a few things I am loving and being Thankful for today, amidst the preparations for another show tomorrow.....

The wonderful world of Abney and Teal.  Thank you CBeebies!  I could while away hours watching these beautifully illustrated quirky, wonderful stories....aaaaah - just what children's TV should be.


Friends who make lovely things for my children and who I can share my love of handmade, pretty, vintage.....Thank you Jo

Noah's new P-Js - with elephant aplique
One of Noah's special friends was 3 the week before him
We had a pretty vintage tea party for her!  How cute!


A magazine that finally hits the spot for me as a maker.  Soooo looking forward to making a few of these when I get some time - Thank you Mollie Makes


and how gorgeous is this tutorial for a Christmas sleepy doll?!!!  Hmmm, do I have time to make one or two as presents....who would like one? Thank you Tone Finnager.



Finding satisfying things to make that bring new skips to my heart every time I make them - and these necklaces, just like my bags bring me that same excitement about colour and texture combinations. Oh, yes - I do love making these!


In fact, it occur ed to me that circles is a bit of a recurring theme in my work - right back to my student days and my final exhibition paintings.  These two belong to a triptych about Creation, the red being humanity, the blue being the cosmos and an absent green (it is currently on the wall of good friends) representing the organic world.  The pieces are a mixture of large gestures and small marks made with fingerprints and the holes cut into the surface of the painting are a reminder of our part in Creation and the space we have to fill with our distinct creativity. Thank you education system that encouraged creativity and valued individuality.


I loved the freedom I had during my 5 years Fine Art training to experiment and enjoy and although I don't have the space or time at the moment to create in this way, I am SO blessed to have my little garden studio, full of everything I need to make the small scale work I am able to these days.  Thank you Dad.
Anyway - must get back to the bag making! 


I'll check in again after the show tomorrow - and maybe with some pics of our Thanksgiving meal tonight.  Thank you America!
XXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment